Man hong kong hong kong dating
A semicircular apse and an attached three-storey battlemented tower were built at the two ends of the church respectively.
The windows of the church are set in decorative granite framing in the form of trefoil-headed tracery.
The new logo is based on an image of double-decker tram silhouette with the shape of a bauhinia leaf in the background and a smile on the bumper.
Three trams have been specially liveried to promote the new image with new logo and "Catch a ride, Catch a smile" slogan and all trams will display a smile on their bumpers for a period of three months.
The foundation stone was laid on May 27, 1930, by the then Colonial Secretary, W T Southorn, and the church was officially opened on April 10, 1931, by the then Governor Sir William Peel.
During the Japanese occupation, the church ceased to function and the building was converted into a horse stable by the Japanese army and suffered severe looting and damage.
Exquisite historic Shiwan ceramic figurines portraying Chinese folk stories can also be found on the roof ridge of the entrance hall and the two parapet walls of the covered courtyard.
The building follows the traditional Chinese layout for a Buddhist monastery design, with halls in designated sequence.
was built by the London Missionary Society with financial support from Sir Paul Chater.
Tung Lin Kok Yuen in Happy Valley, Kowloon Union Church in Yau Ma Tei and the Yeung Hau Temple in Tai O have been declared as monuments under the Antiquities and Monuments Ordinance from 13th October 2017.
Completed in 1935, is a Buddhist temple founded by Lady Clara Ho Tung, a Buddhist, and her husband Sir Robert Ho Tung as a permanent institution to preach Buddhism and promote education.